EE 6331 - Linear Systems and Signals - Fall
||INSTRUCTOR: L. R.
OFFICE: EC 4.214
OFFICE HOURS: 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm, TR, or by appointment
PHONE: (972) 883-2191
COURSE OBJECTIVE: To use simple and efficient methods to
develop results and design procedures for linear systems.
TEXT: Linear System Theory and Design, Chi-Tsong Chen,
Third Edition, Oxford University Press.
SOFTWARE TOOLS: MATLAB
COURSE OUTLINE: (subject to variations as needed)
- Chapter 1: Introduction
- Chapter 2: Mathematical Descriptions of Systems
- Chapter 3: Linear Algebra
- Chapter 4: State Space Solutions and Realizations
- Chapter 5: Stability
- Chapter 6: Controllability and Observability
- Chapter 8: State Feedback and State Estimators (8.1 - 8.5)
- Chapter 7: Minimum Realizations and Coprime Factors (7.1 - 7.2)
- Chapter 9: Pole Placement and Model Matching (9.1 - 9.3)
- First exam - 25% of grade
- Second exam - 25% of grade
- Final exam at 8:30 pm on Friday, December 11 - 40% of grade
- Homework - 10% of grade