“Applied Data Analysis Using MATLAB – ‘Catching the Wind’”
Dr. Jiro Doke, MathWorks
Sponsored by the Dallas Chapter of the IEEE Signal Processing Society
The use of MATLAB for data analysis from data access through visualization and modeling will be discussed. Using measured wind data for wind farm siting, Dr. Jiro Doke will demonstrate the use of MATLAB and data analysis products for the entire data analysis and modeling process. Seminar highlights include:
- Importing measured data recorded from a data logger.
- Performing data quality assurance tests for erroneous and missing data.
- Exploratory data analysis and visualization, including wind rose plots and velocity histograms.
- Turbine performance estimation.
- Automating repetitive data analysis and reporting tasks.
This seminar is designed for scientists and engineers in industry and academia who want to accelerate their data analysis and modeling tasks.
Jiro Doke joined MathWorks in 2006 as a senior application engineer. He holds a PhD in mechanical engineering from the University of Michigan. During graduate studies concerning the biomechanics of human movement – specifically gait – he used MATLAB extensively for data acquisition, analysis and visualization.