The Electrical Engineering undergraduate program is accredited by ABET.
You can verify our ABET accreditation by visiting: ABET Accreditation.
Enrollment and graduation data can be found here.
Mission, objectives and outcomes for the different programs in the Jonsson School can be found here.
Mission of Electrical Engineering Program
The mission of the Electrical Engineering Program is to provide excellent education in modern electrical engineering practice. Our graduates are uniquely qualified for rewarding and successful careers in a diverse range of electrical engineering fields, including materials, devices, circuits, digital systems, signal/speech/image processing, and communications.
BS Electrical Engineering Program Educational Objectives
- Have a successful, long-lived, engineering-based career path.
- Meet the needs of industry.
- Contribute to, and lead, engineering-based teams.
- Actively pursue lifelong learning.
BS Electrical Engineering Student Outcomes
- An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering.
- An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data.
- An ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability.
- An ability to function on multidisciplinary teams.
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems.
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility.
- An ability to communicate effectively.
- The broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context.
- A recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning.
- A knowledge of contemporary issues.
- An ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.